Senior Product Manager, Commerce - Weebly
- San Francisco, CA
Weebly was acquired by Square in May 2018. Founded in 2007, Weebly is a complete platform that allows anyone to start and grow an online business with curated website templates, powerful e-commerce and integrated marketing. More than 40 million entrepreneurs around the world use Weebly to grow their customer base, fuel sales and market their idea. Designed for any entrepreneur who wants to reach a global audience, Weebly gives everyone the freedom to create a high quality site and store that works brilliantly across any device. Weebly offers a range of pricing options, including free and premium consumer plans, as well as enterprise offerings and is consistently the highest rated website building mobile app in the App Store and Google Play.
Sellers hire Weebly to build a successful online store. Together with Square, we are building a seamless omnichannel experience that enables sellers to sell online (including online store and marketplaces such as Etsy, Amazon, etc.), and offline (store front, farmers markets, pop-ups, etc.). As the Product Manager of Store Setup, you will own the experience of sellers creating and managing their product catalog and inventory, as well as the search and navigation experience of the online store. You will be working to ensure that store setup is intuitive for new sellers, and therefore increase the number of sellers who become “ready-to-sell”. But you will also own advanced features that more mature sellers need - categories, option sets, modifiers, inventory tracking, and seek to improve metrics such as NPS for your product area. Your product area also needs to intuitively adapt to needs of sellers from different verticals (retail, services, restaurants, etc.)
- Develop seller empathy to better plan and build products to meet their needs.
- Define the vision and strategy for your product area and communicate it across the organization
- In collaboration with design, eng and analytics partners, lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch
- Identify new growth opportunities via quantitative research, UX studies, and reviews of industry standard methodologies
- Demonstrated ability for simplifying the complex, knowing how to derive 80% of the value with 20% of the effort
- 3-5 years of product management or equivalent experience
- Leadership: Serve as the point person for an entire product area and lead your squad using a mix of strategy, communication, and EQ
- Product Strategy: Define product strategy using a variety of inputs and clearly articulate rationale behind product decisions verbally and in writing
- Analytics: Leverage data to make informed decisions that can be clearly articulated.
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Collaboration: Track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line
- Excitement: You’re passionate about Square’s mission and ecommerce
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.