- San Francisco, CA
Weebly was acquired by Square in May 2018. Founded in 2007, Weebly is a complete platform that allows anyone to start and grow an online business with curated website templates, powerful e-commerce and integrated marketing. More than 40 million entrepreneurs around the world use Weebly to grow their customer base, fuel sales and market their idea. Designed for any entrepreneur who wants to reach a global audience, Weebly gives everyone the freedom to create a high quality site and store that works brilliantly across any device. Weebly offers a range of pricing options, including free and premium consumer plans, as well as enterprise offerings and is consistently the highest rated website building mobile app in the App Store and Google Play.
Weebly is looking for an experienced copywriter to join the growth team. In this cross-functional role you'll work with designers, marketers, and product people to help define our voice and bring it to life for the customer. You will conceive, develop, and produce effective campaigns and content for teams throughout the company. You are as excited to perfect an upsell message as you are to define the messaging for a game-changing product launch.
- Create/review copywriting deliverables including: landing page messaging, email copy, in-product messaging, blog posts, social media posts, product marketing materials, and external advertising copy.
- Translate strategic direction from creative briefs into powerful and impactful communications
- Refine, document, and champion Weebly’s voice and tone
- Write clear, persuasive, compelling and original copy, headlines, taglines and calls to action to engage with all of Weebly’s users.
- A four-year degree in advertising, marketing, english, or related field
- 3+ years of copywriting, conceptualization, editing
- Creative, design-focused knowledge
- Experience developing copy/concept of creative from inception through completion
- Excellent team/collaboration skills
- A portfolio of work that includes both brand communication and product projects. Please send writing samples as well as a link to your digital portfolio.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.