Software Engineer, Growth - Weebly
- San Francisco, CA
Weebly was acquired by Square in May 2018. Founded in 2007, Weebly is a complete platform that allows anyone to start and grow an online business with curated website templates, powerful e-commerce and integrated marketing. More than 40 million entrepreneurs around the world use Weebly to grow their customer base, fuel sales and market their idea. Designed for any entrepreneur who wants to reach a global audience, Weebly gives everyone the freedom to create a high quality site and store that works brilliantly across any device. Weebly offers a range of pricing options, including free and premium consumer plans, as well as enterprise offerings and is consistently the highest rated website building mobile app in the App Store and Google Play.
Growth Acquisition @ Weebly consists of software engineers who have backgrounds in design, front-end engineering, and backend engineering. We highlight the value of our product to prospective business owners who are looking to start selling online. We use some of the latest technology to get the job done, so you’ll get to learn and have fun while building out features and landing pages.
- Collaborate with design and product to iterate on features focusing on landing pages, business tools, and internal tools
- Use data and collaborate with backend engineers to build features and ship experiments
- Experiment with short-term ideas and build efficient and reusable front-end systems
- Develop and maintain internal tooling that allows the growth acquisition team (and others) to iterate rapidly
- Build super-performant pages that render in milliseconds, not seconds
- Work with a service-oriented architecture
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Experience in at least one modern front-end technology and tooling: React, Vue, Ember (We use Vue and Webpack)
- Familiarity in at least one: Python, PHP, Ruby, and their respective web frameworks
- Proven design and UX understanding
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.