Senior Software Engineer, Cash
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to accept credit cards—and we've been rethinking buying and selling ever since.
Buying and selling sound like simple things—and they should be.
Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard and building a team to make commerce easy for everyone.
Square Cash is a quick, easy, and free way to send money. The Cash engineering team is responsible for the code that makes this work. We care about infrastructure that makes it easy to write software that is secure, efficient, and tested. We build incrementally with small changes and we deploy to production every day.
As a member of the Cash engineering team, you’ll collaborate with us to:
- Design data models to support application features
- Build APIs used by apps and microservices
- Scale systems to our growing customer base
- Operate and manage Cash services
- Unit test everything
- Share ownership of the product
- Contribute to the broader tech and open source communities
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 8 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.