Caviar Operations Lead, Pacific Northwest
- Seattle, WA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
Were searching for a Caviar Operations Lead, Pacific Northwest (PNW) to join our team and own Caviars operations strategy and execution in Seattle, Portland, and any future PNW and programmatic expansions. The right candidate has a full set of analytical, project management, and people skills to diagnose opportunities through data, bring new initiatives to life, and manage a direct report with the potential for team expansion. We are looking for a player/coach, who can be an analytical problem solver, a sound strategic thought partner, a scrappy hustler who can help launch new markets/products, and a team builder who can build both courier communities and manage others.
If you have a proven aptitude for blending analytics and creativity to scope and solve complex logistical problems, the operational prowess to get stuff done, the organizational skills to keep track of many moving pieces, and the managerial finesse to navigate cross-functional colleagues as well as direct line reports, consider this the job for you.
- Be the expert on the Pacific Northwest team for all things operations, fully owning the courier supply side of our business to drive efficiencies and ship best-in-class practices across Caviar
- Initiate experiments and pilots in the Seattle and Portland markets that inform future product features and potentially scale nationally
- Conduct deep analytics, identify game-changing insights, and present structured thoughts to inform strategic decision-making
- Contribute to the broader Pacific Northwest strategy
- Be the operations lead on new market expansions and/or product launches, helping build the early operations and team
- Collaborate with Central Operations, Live Operations and other functional leads to drive change
- Lead by example and establish a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a high-growth tech operations, top-tier management consulting, or analytics role
- An entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. You take ownership and want to drive real impact
- World-class analytical and problem solving skills
- A highly organized, process-driven approach and capable of managing multiple projects at once
- An ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with test design and execution
- Experience leading, inspiring and scaling teams.
- A growth mindset- you never stop learning new skills and tools
- Expert in excel and data analysis tools, SQL strongly preferred, experience with R or other statistical languages or programs is a plus
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.