iOS Engineer, Retail
- New York, NY, USA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Retailers have struggled too long with clunky, outdated and disconnected tools. While mammoth Retail and E-tail forces are looking to disrupt smaller merchants, we are empowering those merchants with simple and elegant solutions to complex problems, like predictive analytics and fluid, omni-channel capabilities to meet the customer wherever they are - to always make the sale. Based in New York City, we are one of the newest launched products at Square. We are a lean team, benefitting from the resources of the larger organization while having lots of room to focus and innovate. We are relentlessly customer focused, and iterate quickly using a build-measure-learn approach.
- Build and test client software with complex server, network and hardware interactions;
- Craft pixel-perfect, intuitive UI that delights our sellers with its ease of use;
- Work with a world-class team of experienced and dedicated engineers and designers;
- Deliver features to our growing base of subscribers, shipped at a rapid cadence;
- Be a part of creating an innovative product that brings superpowers to sellers.
- 2+ years of iOS development experience, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- An academic attitude towards software development practices
- Unwavering commitment to customer experience and product quality
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- A record of self-directed side projects, research, or open source contributions are a plus!
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, Objective-C, iOS SDK
- Protocol buffers, external hardware connectivity and networking technologies
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.