- St. Louis, MO
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Talent Acquisition is a strategic function that enables Square’s growth, shapes the company culture, and identifies the talent we need to be successful. As a Business Recruiter, you will partner with key Square leaders to design and execute recruiting strategies that support many operational functions, e.g. Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, etc.. We pride ourselves on crafting processes and programs that align with individual team’s needs, so creativity and flexibility are requirements for success. With that also comes autonomy and the freedom to experiment, which when measured effectively, drives decisions that allow Square recruiting to continually improve.
This recruiter will be responsible for a variety of roles across Sales, Business Development, Account Management and Customer Success.
- Lead the growth of Square’s Business teams globally
- Evaluate, streamline, and optimize current hiring processes
- Analyze data to make informed decisions and improve recruiting efficacy
- Think creatively and bring an innovation framework to talent acquisition
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process
- Recruiting expertise, particularly around Business and/or operational roles
- 2+ years full-cycle recruiting experience required
- Great sourcing, selling and closing skills
- Strong experience managing leaders across an organization and influencing their hiring decisions
- Systems experience (ATS, HRIS, etc.)
- An organized, strategic approach to recruiting
- A drive to improve the overall talent acquisition function
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.