Sr. Software Engineer (Infrastructure), eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA
Weebly was acquired by Square in May 2018. Founded in 2007, Weebly is a complete platform that allows anyone to start and grow an online business with curated website templates, powerful e-commerce and integrated marketing. More than 40 million entrepreneurs around the world use Weebly to grow their customer base, fuel sales and market their idea. Designed for any entrepreneur who wants to reach a global audience, Weebly gives everyone the freedom to create a high quality site and store that works brilliantly across any device. Weebly offers a range of pricing options, including free and premium consumer plans, as well as enterprise offerings and is consistently the highest rated website building mobile app in the App Store and Google Play.
The Weebly Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for cross disciplinary concerns like site publishing, release management, search, performance, monitoring, and security. Were a small team of enthusiastic developers whove shifted to a site reliability engineering mindset since the beginning of the year. Our services increase developer and squad velocity. We work hard to measure service levels and deliver exceptional performance. If you like working on large scale problems, were the team for you. Help us solve the problems where there is no readily available solution. Ours are unique at this level. Together, well be launching new data centers by the end of the year. If youve ever dreamed about taking services globally, were doing it, and were doing it at scale.
- Scale our services globally
- Work cross-functionally with our product teams, many other engineering teams, and partner with developers to design and implement our orchestration based microservices
- See the big picture to design robust experiences so the team can be brave, move fast, and break things, without ever showing a negative impact to customers
- Figure out the application infrastructure to support our web apps
- Test your code rigorously, and with automation
- Follow agile practices
- Launch iteratively and improve over time
- The ability to write Golang and PHP
- Deep knowledge of both client and server development and the ability to communicate and work closely with developers who focus on only one side of that divide
- Exposure to Kubernetes, orchestration, bare-metal machines, and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with product and design to rapidly and iteratively prototype
- An understanding of how the web works and can make pragmatic engineering decisions from that knowledge
- Innate curiosity and a desire to be responsible for all aspects of building Weebly's platform in a small, highly focused, and very rapidly growing team
- A deep interest in solving hard problems & shipping production software.
- Interest in future standards (ES6, W3C web payments standards, etc.)
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.