Product Manager, Square Payroll
- San Francisco, CA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a Product Manager for Square Payroll, you will be responsible for driving product initiatives from inception through execution. In this role you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketing and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our products amaze and delight our users.
- Conduct extensive research to understand customer needs and current market solutions
- Use research to craft a compelling product vision and strategy
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver achievable projects against that vision and strategy
- Thoughtfully define and communicate project goals, requirements, and constraints
- Work with engineers and designers to edit the service and product
- Collaborate cross-functionally with almost every other function in Square: Engineering, Design, Data Science, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Risk
- Experience: 7+ years of product management responsibilities
- A collaborative approach: Track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Analytical skills: You have a data-driven learning style
- Hustle: You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Bonus points if you’ve worked at a rapidly growing startup, especially in Benefits or HR
- Excitement: You’re passionate about Square’s mission and new technology
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.