- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square is looking for a detail oriented, creative, reliable individual to join the Executive Assistant team, supporting our top executives and their teams. Our Executive Assistants are the glue that holds everything together - from calendaring and travel to reporting processes and team support, you will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of confidential and strategic tasks to support Squares objectives and take us to the next level. We are looking for someone with an innate passion for learning, who enjoys taking on new tasks and projects, and who excels at being mindful of details in an energetic, fast paced environment.
- Maintain sensitive and complex calendars, requiring coordination with both internal and external executives and assistants
- Schedule domestic and international travel, with the impeccable attention to detail that complex travel booking requires
- Ensure your executive is prepared for all meetings and events, and assist with preparation of presentation materials
- Find new and efficient ways to create and maintain systems and processes to help maximize your executives time, including weekly reporting, goal setting, and team meetings
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, proactively identifying gaps and taking full responsibility for each project
- Develop a deep understanding of the team and field requests and inquiries from members, making a point to be available and approachable to everyone
- Demonstrate composure and flexibility, regardless of competing priorities
- 3-5 years of experience as an EA or in a similar role
- Experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks and projects, and communicating with all types of people
- Extraordinary organizational skills, and appreciation for the challenges of supporting a growing team of diverse personalities and programs
- The ability to work with team members at all levels, sometimes under pressure, while remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Expert level written, verbal communication, and computer skills including the ability to use Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets/Forms, and Keynote
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.