Software Engineering Lead, eCommerce
- San Francisco, CA
Weebly was acquired by Square in May 2018. Founded in 2007, Weebly is a complete platform that allows anyone to start and grow an online business with curated website templates, powerful e-commerce and integrated marketing. More than 40 million entrepreneurs around the world use Weebly to grow their customer base, fuel sales and market their idea. Designed for any entrepreneur who wants to reach a global audience, Weebly gives everyone the freedom to create a high quality site and store that works brilliantly across any device. Weebly offers a range of pricing options, including free and premium consumer plans, as well as enterprise offerings and is consistently the highest rated website building mobile app in the App Store and Google Play.
As a Software Engineering Lead on the eCommerce team at Square, you will be responsible for building the next generation of platforms and applications that are currently used by thousands of our partners to serve their millions of customers.
- Lead an amazing group of engineers, by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing your team, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders. across our product, operations, bizdev and engineering teams.
- Own success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results in a timely manner.
- Be hands-on and work alongside your engineering team.
- Respond to on-call requests in a timely manner to resolve issues in real time.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience (8+ years preferred).
- 1-2+ year(s) managing engineering teams.
- Experience collaborating with designers, product managers, and other engineering leaders.
- Excellent software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance.
- Interest in working full-stack, from optimizing database transactions to building distributed systems and frontend web applications.
- Bonus: Experience building third party applications, integrations and relationships.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.