Product Designer, Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
We are looking for senior-level Product Designer to drive design execution for our flagship product: Square Point of Sale. Square Point of Sale is the driving force behind the company and we are looking for a strong design presence to help set the course for a product which has impact throughout Squares entire ecosystem of features and services which empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
From the beginning, its been part of our core business strategy that Product Design play a central role in our product development process: we employ design thinking to build easy-to-use tools that help our merchants better run their businesses. Designers at Square take projects from napkins sketches to final visual specifications, so in this role youll be conducting research, mocking up wireframes on new ideas, and presenting work and progress to Square executives.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- The ability to communicate interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experience mentoring other designers on your team
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Background developing interaction prototypes
- Experience with motion design and related software
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.