Senior Product Security Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a Product Security Engineer at Square, you will be responsible ensuring the security of Square"s products. In this role you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our products amaze and delight our users.
- Act as subject matter expert on information security for their respective business units Identify, measure, and report on security and privacy risks
- Help GMs and product managers prioritize roadmap items in order to balance security and business risks Identify cross-cutting security concerns and work with security engineering teams to develop common solutions and infrastructure
- Deep technical understanding of common security vulnerabilities and risks, as well as countermeasures and compensating controls
- Strong business sense, with entrepreneurial or startup experience
- Preferred 5 (or more) years of demonstrated experience in product development, strategy, and market research
- Previous professional information security experience, with penetration testing or "breaker" experience preferred Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- Ability to work well with designers and engineers
- An analytical and metrics driven work style
- Prior experience at a startup or consumer internet company
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Passion for Square and new technology
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.