Customer Success Manager, Cash App
- St. Louis, MO
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual to lead members of Square's Customer Success team. You will not only lead a team of passionate Advocates, but you will also build out world class operations - optimizing all Success channels including, but not limited to, email, Twitter, and phone - all while strengthening team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee success.
In this role, you will serve as a cross-functional liaison working with product, engineering, business development, marketing, and finance to drive Square s most important strategic priorities. You will track Key Performance Indicators weekly.
• Coach and mentor team members with a focus on professional development and upstream thinking
• Drive improvements in customer satisfaction across channels
• Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team, and provide reports as needed• Utilize deep product and industry knowledge while serving as a strong cross-functional leader
• Treat Success as a product at Square, innovating and iterating on the customer experience
• Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical Success initiatives
• Gather and synthesize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
• Scale the Success team by capitalizing on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency, driving productivity initiatives
• A BA/BS degree or related experience
• 6+ years of work experience with 3+ years of direct people management experience required
• Past product and/or project management experience
• Experience building and scaling Customer Success operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech environment
• The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative problem-solving abilities
• A passion for Square and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.