Caviar Operations Manager
- Philadelphia, PA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
As our business grows and matures, we must grow the size of our delivery fleet, reduce overall delivery times, and optimize fleet utilization and courier retention. We also need to maximize diner outcomes (frequency, revenues, profitability) with levers such as delivery fee optimization. We need a resourceful, efficient, and insightful hustler who will deliver on the above metrics and manage the day-to-day tasks of local operations at Caviar, driving automation and standardization of those tasks to help Caviar scale in Philadelphia and beyond.
We are looking for a dynamic operations manager who has a savvy analytical mind and is constantly pushing to test, pilote, and innovate; this person should be able to balance working within existing product limitations and building a case for larger product changes. The right candidate will be able to independently identify trends in data and surface potential challenges before they become problems then create recommendations and strategies to address such issues. They will also be able to collaborate effectively across teams, and to build empathy and community with our large group of independent couriers. This candidate will also not be afraid to roll up sleeves and get into the day-to-day work to make sure the gears are turning on a rainy day. This will be primarily a logistics-focused role with a heavy emphasis on data analytics, communications, and product experimentation.
Caviar is a dynamic company with quickly changing and improving ways of working - this job will continue to evolve and this role offers the opportunity to help shape our future.
- Ensure Caviar has the right balance of supply and demand on a daily basis, an ask that will require consistent attention and learning
- Develop analytical frameworks, build models, and present structured thoughts to inform strategic decision-making
- Partner with General Manager (GM) to lead and execute strategic and tactical demand-side projects such as delivery pricing optimization
- Create, pilot, and scale operational tests. The Philadelphia market is your sandbox, and we expect you to drive results here - then use your resourcefulness, communication and relationship-building skills to share your learnings and drive adoption nationally
- Identify places to streamline and improve operations and help improve or innovate new processes
- Seek opportunities to share your results nationally by collaborating with other city operations, central operations and product teams and ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives.
- Deftly manage the execution of day-to-day tasks that just need to get done while considering ways to make these more efficient. This will be about 20% of your time
- 3-5 years of applicable operations experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit, bias for action, and drive to actualize your ideas
- A demonstrated ability to think and act like an owner: you quickly digest an objective and independently drive the action items to achieve results
- A desire to become a thought leader and influence a fast-growing companys trajectory
- Familiarity or interest in the gig economy
Problem solving ability
- Strong problem-solving skills with keen ability to support decisions with data
- A knack for working with (and often around) constrained resources in a lean operating environment
- The ability to execute both through scrappy local implementation and by rallying resources from a matrixed organization
Communications and influence skills
- Track record of effectively communicating insights and driving stakeholder buy-in through both verbal and written formats
- Experience motivating key stakeholders to work cross-functionally with you
Technical and execution aptitude
- A highly organized, process-driven approach to working
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-moving environment where context-switching may be required multiple times throughout a day
- Ability to tear through the tactical daily work that just needs to get done without much need for oversight
- The ability to structure and build a well designed, error-free analytical model
- Strong aptitude in spreadsheets (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets)
- Experience with Looker or SQL is a plus, but not required
- Operations Research education and/or experience is a plus
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.