Hub Operations Manager (contractor)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
The LA Hub Operations Manager (contractor) is ultimately responsible for helping launch Zesty (catering) operations in LA, onboarding and training Catering Captains, and building the operational and financial health of the LA Catering Hub. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated past experience building new operations. Scrappiness and hustle are a must. There will be an opportunity for a strong performer to roll into a full-time hire in early 2019
Square recently acquired Zesty, a white glove corporate catering service, to integrate with its food delivery business, Caviar. Through Zesty, we service the top tech companies and deliver food from the healthiest, tastiest, best restaurants around. Our clients love working with us due to best-in-class service, support, and hospitality. How do we accomplish this, you ask? Through well-run, well-oiled operating centers that we call “hubs”.
What happens in a hub you might ask? Catering Captains (the folks who serve food at clients) are in and out of hubs throughout the week, ensuring that they have the needed supplies to service client orders. This means confirming food lists to ensure the right food is leaving the restaurants, picking up disposable cutlery or paper goods as needed, and even relaxing after a hard day of work in the Captain lounge.
Each hub has a Hub Operations Manager who oversees daily operations. As the LA Hub Operations Manager, you will help launch and ultimately be responsible for the financial and operational health of your hub. You will build and train your team, develop best practices and ensure the hub is a healthy, happy, efficient working site. You will work collaboratively with support, account management, sales, human resources, engineering and operating staff to ensure meals are completed and the Zesty LA business grows exponentially.
- Be an inspiring lead for your hub; you are a culture carrier and the reason your Captain community will thrive. Plan Captain appreciation and other community building events to build a strong culture.
- Be the ultimate “buck-stops-here” for Captain performance and early Zesty LA results
- Manage live operations during service to ensure meals are completed and requests from the Zesty team and client are supported.
- Manage inventory of the Hub to ensure Captains and clients have what they need
- Onboard and train all new Captain hires, and ensure sufficient captain supply.
- Engage with Captains one-on-one to understand logistical and on-the-job struggles that may have contributed to a lack of performance. Identify solutions to performance challenges, and coach or offboard as needed.
- Manage payroll and timesheets for your hub
- Help us build the playbook for a successful hub operating model
- Support all legal, compliance, real estate, or people-related needs
- Ensure your hub meets labor utilization and cost-efficiency goals
- Collaborate across teams and functions to allocate resources and better the product
- A track record of ownership, resourcefulness and grit to get things done. You don’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
- A process-driven, organized nature and a strong eye for detail
- Project management skills and experience
- Previous experience with people management
- Strong analytical skills and structured problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
- Professional maturity, confidence, and the ability to operate as both an empathetic listener and a focused manager who can hold people accountable to results
- Proficiency in MS Excel or Google Sheets
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.