Senior Software Engineer, AI Platform
- Seattle, WA, USA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
At Square, our mission is to build an honest financial network for everyone. We achieve our purpose of economic empowerment by delivering remarkable solutions. The AI Platform team strives to deliver on this mission by building low latency, high availability, multi-tenant aware distributed services that provide flexible machine learning capabilities to our Data Scientists. We seek to break down the barriers present today in delivering AI solutions and accelerate the adoption of AI/ML across Square products whether it is in the cloud, on the edge or on-device.
- Work cross-functionally with our product and data science teams to develop the platform that enables new AI/ML features to be built and hosted at scale.
- Build systems that manage and consume customers sensitive data and hold Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- See the big picture to design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave, move fast, and break things, without ever showing a negative impact to customers.
- Interest in working in distributed systems development, leveraging open source AI/ML technologies as well as building new systems in order to deliver a world-class platform capable of cutting edge AI development and hosting at scale.
- Passion for products that are beautiful outside and inside from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Experience building scalable services on one or more cloud providers (GCP/AWS/Azure) while still being cloud agnostic.
- Desire to bring the best of AI/ML to the cloud, the edge or on-device applications.
- Data and metrics-oriented mindset: you want your work to be measurable and impactful.
- Customer empathy: you understand your customers needs and requirements.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.
- Bonus - ML toolkit experience (python, tensorflow, Caffe2, PyTorch, MXNet, Spark)
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.