Customer Success Associate
- Tokyo, Japan
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual to strengthen Squares Customer Success (Support) team. Youll help building out world class operations at Square - optimizing all support channels including, but not limited to, email, chat, social media, and phone - all while strengthening team culture and promoting employee happiness.
In this fast-paced environment, youll serve as a cross functional liaison working with product, engineering, business development, marketing and finance to drive Squares most important strategic priorities. Youll report directly to the Lead of Customer Success and track Key Performance Indicators weekly. This position is located in our Tokyo office.
- Effectively solve customer inquiries via email, phone, and Twitter using a CRM tool, and internal tools
- Effectively handle inquiries and escalations from Support Representatives
- Act as a role model / mentor / coach for other Support Representatives and help them grow their skills
- Analyze trends in customer issues and suggest improvement plans to establish engagement
- Drive improvements in customer satisfaction across channels to create promoters.
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team, and provide reports as needed
- Utilize your deep knowledge of the product and industry in order to serve our customers
- Treat Support as a product at Square, innovating and iterating on the customer experience
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical Support initiatives
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Always be iterating improvement PDCA cycle to enhance our service
- Japanese citizenship
- Business level English. Written and verbal communication skills (equivalent to TOEIC score 850 and above)
- A passion for Square and strong desire to help make it successful in Japan
- 3+ years of work experience in Customer Support for Japanese customers
- 1+ years of work experience as a mentor or coach for other support representatives in customer support
- 1+ years of work experience as customer support supervisor (8 12 members) is preferable
- A BA/BS degree from a leading academic institution
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, while possessing the ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a passion for innovation
- Superb attention to detail
- The ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- Excellent time management skills
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience
- Experience building and scaling customer support operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech environment
- A level-headed leadership style and perform well under pressure
- The ability to work weekends as part of a rotating schedule
- The ability to work holidays when it is necessary
- Cover letter required. Please indicate your career goals and how Support fits into your career road map
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.