- New York, NY
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
This is a broad role, where you will work as an important liaison between marketing design and product teams during the strategy and ideation phase, defining the articulation and communication of different product value propositions; and will collaborate with production design and creative leads to execute on the visions set.
In collaboration with creative leads and product teams, you will be heavily involved in concept development and will develop copy for go-to-market and growth and retention campaigns across a large suite of products, including headlines, taglines, calls to action, etc. You’ll ensure that the published copy delivers on the strategic premise, meets creative standards and expectations, and that the copy is on brand and tone is strategically sound.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate strategically and work cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Brand, SEO, Social, Growth, Product, and Design to develop content
- Lead development for a variety of content: ads, promotional materials, landing pages, email campaigns, social, and in-product messaging
- Analyze the performance of copy across platforms
- Easily shift between “big picture content strategy” to the “nuts & bolts” of writing marketing copy
- Translate complex tech & business concepts into clear and engaging writing
- Apply and maintain consistency with the Square voice and our content standards
- Experience level: 3+ years of brand copywriting or content strategy with UX writing a plus
- Has a good understanding of how to develop a strategic plan for any given marketing campaign
- Has a proactive style and takes charge not only in development of copy but also in strategic- and concept from vision to launch to iteration
- Comfortable writing in various styles, to make sure to deliver on each product’s tone of voice, and across multiple formats and channels of communication
- Has a collaborative and agile approach and attitude
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.