Product Manager, Dashboard
- New York, NY
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As Square is expanding to meet the needs of more and more sellers, including more complex businesses, Square's Seller Dashboard plays an increasingly important role. Square’s Seller Dashboard’s position in further enabling Sellers of all kinds to start, run, and grow their businesses through advanced workflows and automation, is core to our growth plans. We focus on enabling every Seller to have a streamlined, useful, relevant, and impactful experience on Dashboard, while also driving concrete, tangible metrics like conversion rates and uptime, and daily active and monthly active Dashboard users. You will own driving ambitious seller efficiency metrics, and own health of the platform from deep in the stack through end user experience. These efforts translate to reduced churn, increased lifetime value and dramatic growth in Square’s total payments volume and SaaS engagement. To accomplish this you will work with our executive leadership team and business leaders to hone and deliver on this explicit investment strategy. If you're looking to impact the growth and direction of a company, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Partner with other leaders to own and drive the technical health, user experience, and growth strategy for Square’s Seller Dashboard
- Drive the tactics and delivery timelines for the work required to drive growth, experience, and health
- Work with our executive leadership team as well as leaders across verticals (Managed Payments, Point of Sale, Caviar, Capital), and organizations (Product, Marketing, Sales, Support, etc.) to grow our active Dashboard user base
- Develop innovative and industry-leading products on desktop and mobile that uniquely serve Square’s diverse customer base
- Manage and mentor a team in order to achieve individual and team goals
- Inspire your cross-functional peers and executives in order to build a strong partnership in delivering excellent products and services
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Square in order to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Experience shaping and driving key strategies that have shaped the product portfolio of a company or organization
- Experience driving growth initiatives that require deeper data analysis (DAU/MAU/LTV are terms and measurements you are drawn to) as well as working through seams and removing friction
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs and Jobs Theory
- Navigated product scale challenges in a high growth environment
- Managed a high-performing team that consistently delivers
- Developed industry leading products that have gained a strong followership and product loyalty
- Served as an evangelist for a product group
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.