- New York, NY
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square New York is looking for a Producer to join our Seller Marketing Design (“SMD”) team. The SMD team is responsible for marketing and advertising Square’s eco-system of products to our sellers. You will collaborate with our various product teams, including PMs, PMMs, Product Designers and Engineers to craft smart marketing solutions. SMD outputs work applying the latest emerging platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, UX/UI, product development, visual design, prototyping, experiential installations, photography, film and animation.
Producers at Square Marketing Design are cross-functional leaders who work with product and marketing teams to define, create, manage and launch marketing efforts. We’re looking for a passionate Producer with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are all about providing quality guidance and your heart beats faster when you facilitate collaboration and create the best work of their lives. You are the heart and soul of your team.
You have the ability to meet deadlines in a collaborative environment. This role requires meticulous attention to detail and problem solving skills that can be applied to any challenge, task or opportunity.
You are proactive, hyper organized and keep a smile on even in frustrating situations. It is your responsibility to ensure delivery excellent work on time, on brief while helping the team meet expectations.
You want to work in an environment that allows for personal development. You thrive in an environment that allows you to develop your skills fluidly, with peers that encourage you to experiment. You are all about the details and collaboration in a fun environment and you’re hungry to grow creatively.
What you'll do:
- Develop project plans and manage projects from inception to delivery, whether it be an email series, a web landing page or a social media campaign
- Lead brainstorming sessions to come up with tangible concepts that execute again strategic goals
- Own standups and documentation that keeps all projects on-time and on-quality
- Work closely with Creative leads to create meetings, processes and documentation to give a birds-eye view of all current and incoming projects
- Proactively identify potential issues and develop solutions with the Program Lead
- Maintain a deep understanding of your team members strengths and facilitate collaboration
- Demonstrate an understanding of the product teams we work for, and be an ambassador for our team
- 2+ years of demonstrated production/project management experience
- Excellent problem solver and multitasker
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Digital, Interactive, New Media powerhouse
- Scoping / Budgeting / P&L / Milestone / Project Planning expert
- Strong keynote and presentation skills
- Google Docs / Documentation master
- Strong skills in industry standard Project Management software, workflows and tool sets
- You know the strengths and weaknesses of Waterfall and AGILE methods and leverage both to achieve project harmony and product goals
- A creative approach to problem solving, and a sense of humor
- Basic knowledge in HTML and CSS
- Basic knowledge in Adobe CC and Sketch / Figma
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.