Hardware Supply Chain, Intern
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Hardware Operations team at Square is responsible for the manufacturing, procurement, and supply chain management of all products available to customers globally. As a Supply Chain Program Intern, you will drive and execute supply chain transformation and improvement projects. Square is looking for a supply chain intern in the Supply Chain Management and Operations domains with experience and penchant for data analytics to improve end-to-end processes and supply chain systems. Must have the passion and business acumen to also recommend designs and process flows to build a supply chain for scale.
- Execute and document process improvements to drive better practices in supply chain including but not limited to working on statements of purpose, process documentation, and performance tracking.
- Execute and document hardware sustainability related improvements such as re-purposing inventory and failure analysis.
- Interface with cross-functional stakeholders, such as Engineering, Finance, Business and Factory Operations, Planning and Logistics, to understand the business objectives, identify the gaps in current process and drive solutions
- Develop data collection and reporting process and help drive analytics from components to manufacturers to logistics.
- Design supply chain strategies to maximize switching specific fulfillment goals throughout the life-cycle of the product
- A BS/MS or MBA (current student or new college graduate) in Supply Chain or related discipline (hardware and consumer electronics experience a plus).
- Experience in data analysis, statistics and metrics
- Project management experience
- Creativity in developing actionable analysis and recommendations
- Comfortable working cross functionally
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to query in mySql, Hive
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.