Support Ecosystem Copywriter, Cash App
- New York, NY
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to the world’s most dynamic money app.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years. We’ve even stolen the #1 overall spot from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Headquartered in SF with offices in New York, St. Louis, Melbourne, Atlanta, and Kitchener Waterloo, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Cash App is changing how financial products are supposed to look, sound, and function. Now we want to do the same for customer support.
It’s our opinion that a company is only as good as its supporters. However, it’s also true that supporters are only as good as their tools, training, and resources. So whether we’re talking about pro keys, help articles, or onboarding documents, we want our team to have everything they need to make sure that customer support doesn’t resemble customer service.
Our ideal candidate has written for AAA tech organizations, recognizes what most brands get wrong about support copy, and has a keen eye for concision. This position will play a leading role in the creation and curation of content used by hundreds of supporters to speak to million of customers. Additional documents created by this position will be used to train our trainers, lead our leads, and continue to set our largest team apart from everyone else in the space.
Task & Responsibilities
- Audit all support macros and help articles for tone, style, grammar, consistency, and clarity
- Create new macros, help articles, and related customer support content
- Become the point person for how our support organization speaks to customers by creating tools for Leadership and Development and Quality Assurance
- Dig deep into the weeds to ensure that all materials reflect the rapidly changing needs of the support organization
- Use Salesforce to review SMS team supporter transcripts for tone, style, consistency, clarity, and technical accuracy
- Consider how our support content will scale into new languages and regions
- A portfolio of copywriting that spans customer support, product, technical, and other content-rich mediums
- Experience editing or proofreading other writers’ copy
- The ability to endlessly iterate on a single piece of copy, whether it’s one sentence or a 250-word email macro
- A nuanced understanding of how large organizations interact
- Expertise within the G Suite of products with an emphasis on Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Familiarity with Keynote
- Experience building internal presentations for large organizations
- Knowledge of core design principles
- Minimum of 3–4 years of experience working within the support org of a technology company
- 4-year degree in copywriting for advertising design, journalism, or English is preferred but not required
- A portfolio of personal writing or at least one ambitious copy-oriented side project
- Chill work environment
- Cool drinks and snacks but everybody has those now
- Expensable lunches
- Many of New York’s best restaurants within walking distance
- Work one elevator ride away from the Gucci store
- Watch the snow fall through really big windows
- A few loose boxes of sugary cereal floating somewhere around Ken’s desk
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.