Senior Business Systems Analyst, Workday
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a HR Business Systems Analyst your goal will be to help Square grow efficiently by building and scaling our HR business systems, primarily Workday and our ATS.
- Work on the most complex business problems, analyzing and evaluating current business methods and procedures for improvement
- Design and implement new methods, procedures, and systems (both automated and manual) to improve the processing and flow of information within the company
- Work closely with end users to define requirements for new or improved systems
- Create and maintain thorough, up-to-date, functional and technical systems documentation for any and all customization and maintenance actions taken. Perform and document program unit tests based on sample data, stipulated functional test conditions and stipulated expected results; resolve any issues of functionality (i.e., debug program logic errors).
- To accomplish this, you will partner with stakeholders in our HR departments, Payroll and Finance. This will involve creating and maintaining a roadmap, creating and maintaining a project schedule, and delivery regular updates to stakeholders.
- BS or MS in Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant degree
- Experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst with increasing levels of responsibility
- In-depth experience with Workday
- Workday compensation, benefits and performance management experience is a plus
- Strong Workday security, business process design and integrations experience
- Detailed understanding of the setup and architecture of Workday
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills mandatory
- Solid interpersonal skills - projecting a very positive customer-service-oriented attitude
- An ability to work alone or with other members of a team
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Previous roles in a high growth, tech environment highly desired
- An ability to lead cross-functional projects and interact at all levels
- Strong relationship building skills coupled with the ability to develop consensus
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.