Hardware Logistics, Intern
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Hardware Operations team at Square is responsible for the manufacturing, procurement, and supply chain management of all products available to customers globally.
As a successful Logistics Intern, you are passionate about data and analytics, will aid in the development of fulfillment and transportation models to deliver trusted data and build dashboards in our Business Intelligence Platform (Looker) to track logistics performance. Square is looking for a Logistics intern in the Supply Chain Management and Operations domains with experience and deep interest in data analytics to improve the delivery experience for our customers. Must have the passion to learn quickly and recommend designs and process flows to build a supply chain for scale.
- Analyze performance and cost data to build models for budgeting and delivery network improvement
- Interface with cross-functional stakeholders, such as Engineering, Finance, Business and Factory Operations, Planning and Retail, to understand business objectives, identify opportunities to drive process improvement
- Work with large data sets to help extract useful and actionable recommendations that drives process and/or performance improvement
- Develop data collection and performance reporting dashboards that provide analytics on inventory flows from component level to manufacturers as well as to end customers
- Design logistics strategies to achieve fulfillment goals throughout the life-cycle of a product
- A BS/MS or MBA (current student or new college graduate) with focus in Supply Chain or related discipline
- Experience in data analysis, statistics and metrics
- Project management experience
- Creativity in developing actionable analysis and recommendations
- A team player who is comfortable working cross functionally
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Excellent computer skills using Google Docs/Microsoft suite
- Ability to query in mySql, Hive
- Comfortable presenting technical information to large audiences
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.