Capital Recovery Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, and helping the ice cream shop pay its employees. And, with Square Capital, we have extended over $1 billion in funding to our sellers, helping them manage their cashflow and making it easy to invest in and grow their business. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. And make it easier for customers to shop and pay at their favorite businesses. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Squares Capital team is seeking a highly motivated Capital Recovery Specialist to provide support and risk mitigation within the business financing space. The Capital team at Square is responsible for safely providing funds to our customers to help them grow their businesses. In this role, you will provide support to Square merchants with Capital needs and become a leader in loan repayment and collections efforts. The ideal candidate will love helping businesses grow and finding creative ways to manage risk while improving the client experience. Successful agents quickly become experts on Square Capital and have an opportunity to impact the product roadmap and customer experience on a small, nimble team.
Capital Recovery Specialists focus on delivery white glove merchant experience and provide payment solutions for Square Capital borrowers who have become delinquent.
- Maintain or exceed established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimize potential revenue losses
- Communicate with clients, including investigative level conversations
- Maintain or exceed established standards for customer service, and resolve minor issues with little or no supervision; escalate complex issues as necessary
- Effectively use an internal escalation path for reviews requiring additional due diligence
- Track and report performance metrics
- Surface opportunities to improve tools, workflow and customer experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation, and results-oriented approach
- Demonstrated customer service, organizational and analytical skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environment
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Strong Internet research, Google Docs and overall PC skills; SQL experience a plus
- 1+ years of professional experience with either a financial institution or payment provider preferred
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.