Creative Lead, Seller Marketing Design
- New York, NY
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square New York is looking for an experienced Creative Lead to join the Seller Marketing Design (SMD) team. The SMD team is responsible for marketing strategy and creating assets to educate and sell the benefits of Square’s ecosystem of products to its sellers. In this role you will collaborate with other product teams at Square to lead and shape the vision of SMD and grow Square as well as our seller’s businesses. You will be involved in work across UX/UI, prototyping, product development, visual design, installations, photography, film, and animation.
We’re seeking an experienced Director-level Creative Lead who can guide and grow our team of multidisciplinary designers and copywriters. You will champion our mission to empower sellers and have influence over all aspects of product marketing across our key verticals.
You’ll be directing and contributing to visual and interaction design, building and managing a team of multidisciplinary designers while collaborating with other team Leads, and presenting work to product teams and Square executives. You are confident to share and sell your ideas, and perceptive enough to know when to encourage others to share theirs. You are a strategic thinker that organizes thoughts and develops plans to build and exceed teams’ expectations.
What you’ll do:
- Shape the vision of a team that focuses on growing Square and our sellers end-to-end. This includes research, strategy, execution, launch and beyond. We are further supporting this ambition through focused growth and retention marketing that is strongly motivated by performance.
- Work cross-functionally with design, copy, engineering, product and program management to define key objectives for each deliverable and campaign and collaboratively build a foundation for success.
- Maintain SMD’s level of design and appeal across all deliverables while also successfully servicing key stakeholders.
- Motivate and encourage your team to make sure the output of our efforts is the best it can be. You will be proactive in providing guidance on how team members can grow and progress their careers within Square.
- Grow a team that aligns with SMD’s and Square’s purpose, ultimately making sure that the team supports the success of our sellers.
- Experience level: 8+ years
- A track record of success (and enjoyment) in people leadership and management. This includes; hiring, training,developing, and organizational design
- Impressive portfolio of work and experience in executing multiple styles of interactive design, illustration and motion graphic concepts
- Great aesthetic sensibilities and a solid understanding of interaction design, UI/UX, typography and design principles across devices and mediums.
- Deep understanding of the opportunities and limitations of the web and competitive landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working across various design and engineering disciplines
- A positive attitude with an open mindset and a passion to serve Square’s mission statement (economic empowerment)
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experience working with product teams
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.