Senior Software Engineer (Front-End), Terminal Web Checkout
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Terminal Web team is building the next generation web point-of-sale. Terminal Web Checkout allows merchants to quickly accept all types of payments with the device they’re most comfortable with, a browser.
We’re looking for a Front-End Engineer who is passionate about the intersection of web applications and payments. Some of our products include an order building and web checkout. Our day-to-day involves building and evolving our public developer APIs, leveraging new technologies to connect hardware to the browser, and building elegant payment experiences in the browser.
As a small team we like to move quickly, and expect engineers to have a large impact on the road-map, product and technology. As part of this team you’ll work closely with our world-class design team to bring the product to life.
- Design data models and leverage Square’s public and internal APIs to build delight experiences.
- Design front-end components and infrastructure used by other apps and other services.
- Integrate the browser with Square’s connected hardware.
- Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks (Ember, React, Vue.js, Angular, etc.)
- Innate curiosity and desire to build products that people depend on.
- A strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction
- An understanding how the web works with experience developing applications and can make pragmatic engineering decisions.
- 5+ years professional experience.
Technologies we teach and use:
- Testing frameworks like (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.