Sr. Program Manager, People Experience
- Oakland, CA, USA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square is looking for a Program Manager on the People Experience and Operations team to help us move the needle on employee experience. The role involves using available resources to understand where we can make a difference on a micro level with people processes, understand and improve how employees experience Square and help build an exceptional people brand.
Project manage ongoing process improvement and operational projects
Identify areas of improvement through research, analyzing data and continuous outreach to build a better employee experience
Evaluate current pain points and make process recommendations to internal partners as well as drive implementation of process change
Map the architecture of employment data and processes in Workday and drive improvements from a people experience standpoint
Work closely with the technical business systems team to understand the execution of all business processes within Workday.
Build detailed process maps and other process documentation
- 5+ years experience in HR, or employee experience roles
- Experience driving projects within high-growth tech environments
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to understand trends
- Experience with and an understanding of Business Process configurations in Workday
- An ability to lead cross-functional projects and interact at all levels
- Strong relationship building skills coupled with the ability to develop consensus
- An understanding of kaizen concepts
- Bias for action- You have an urgency to impact change but not without compromising quality
- Innovative mindset- You think outside the box and take principled risks with new ideas
- Empathy- You always seek to understand someone's struggle
- Customer focus- You recognize that customer experience is of prime importance and will go out of your way to ensure that.
- Collaborative- You always seek to involve other stakeholders and seek divergent perspectives and can influence without authority
- Self starter- You take initiative and suggest new ideas for implementation
- Data driven- Everything you do has a basis in data. You can show how the needle has moved in concrete numbers
- Hyper organized- You know how to keep track of multiple projects and deliver on time
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.