Square eCommerce Photographer & Inventory Management (Contract)
- New York, NY, USA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. And make it easier for customers to shop and pay at their favorite businesses. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square eCommerce is seeking an aspiring product photographer to work with us on a contract basis out of Square’s New York City photo studio. As part of our efforts to make our merchant’s selling journey a little bit easier, we’re offering a service that allows them to ship us their physical goods for professional photographs. We are looking for a freelance photographer to learn how to operate a photography robot, manage product inventory, ship products back to sellers, and assist with photo retouching, styling, and quality assurance.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a photography background, who is excited to join a high-profile company and gain meaningful experience operating machinery that represents the future of product photography.
We anticipate the role to be:
- 50% product photography
- 20% inventory management
- 20% shipping and fulfillment
- 10% photo retouching & quality assurance
This hire will be required to work one day a week to start with the potential to take on more hours.
As the product photographer, you will:
- Learn how to operate a state-of-the art photography robot and be responsible for maximizing its efficiency and producing best-in-class product photography
- Manage photo shoot logistics - including the organization of inventory
- Retouch when needed and assure all images reach the highest level of quality before uploading to a shared database for customer use
- Manage the incoming and outgoing flow of a variety of unique products
- Portfolio of relevant work
- A bachelor’s degree in photography, enrollment in a bachelor’s program for photography, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work quickly and adaptably
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work a minimum of one day a week
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.