Workforce Management Lead, Cash App
- Portland, OR
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Cash App is looking for an experienced Workforce Management Lead to join the Cash Customer Operations team. We believe Workforce Management plays a key role in operational excellence, team member happiness, and customer satisfaction, and expect our leaders to prioritize each.
Our ideal candidate has managed and developed a team of Schedulers, Forecasters, Real-Time Analysts, and Program Managers, has overseen programs across internal and outsourced teams, has supported thousands of team members across a number of geographies, and can think strategically at scale. We are planning for ongoing and aggressive growth. Initially, they'll also have to be scrappy and willing to roll up their sleeves, as the WFM function is not well established and is currently a team of one!
- Build from the ground up: hire, lead and coach the WFM team, developing their skills, enabling their growth, and ensuring the team delivers high quality, timely work.
- Lead through frequent, fast change: execute new initiatives with urgency in order to support the incredibly high growth rates and product development velocity of Cash App.
- Own Operational Excellence: driving WFM strategy, metrics performance, infrastructure, personnel, process, and work prioritization (including forecasting, staffing and scheduling/RTA accuracy, SLAs, utilization, adherence).
- Interface with Senior Leadership: represent WFM and operational excellence at a senior level within the organization, and be a subject matter expert within the company on WFM policies, best practices and approach, and prepare regular updates which speak to our strategy, challenges, and influence decisions on workforce related asks.
- Prioritize against a massive opportunity set: in collaboration with the Customer Operations Leadership Team, you will set objectives and key results, prioritization and sequencing of projects, and ensure key projects are delivered on schedule.
- Select, implement, and manage infrastructure and tooling: decide the optimal infrastructure for the team (e.g. WFM platform) given scale, budget, and functional requirements
- Optimize experience: ensure incredible customer experience outcomes, nourish relationships with Advocates and Leads, and create a program that balances the needs of the business, our customers, and our team members.
- Improve process: design new processes where needed, and improve existing processes to make the team more efficient, nimble and consistent.
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years of work experience, with 4+ years in a leadership role within Resource Planning / Workforce Management at a high growth company (i.e. cant set and forget anything)
- Experience leading Workforce Management teams supporting operations at significant scale - hiring and developing great people, and establishing a collaborative and positive team culture
- Experience in a fast-moving environment with significant ambiguity - the textbook answer for a large stable organization is not typically best here
- Experience in a multisite environment (including an internal and outsourced workforce mix) with experience in on-boarding vendors
- Experience with Workforce Management platforms/software (e.g. NICE IEX, Aspect, Teleopti), WFM best practices and terminology (i.e. you have subject matter expertise across WFM disciplines)
- Experience leading annual planning cycles, strategy and roadmap development, target setting and quarterly project prioritization
- Responsibility for delivering on challenging WFM KPIs (stretch goals)
- Project management experience, including structuring a problem, developing a roadmap and timelines, and then a track record of delivering on schedule
- Experience creating and designing workflows and processes, as well as measuring their efficacy
- Must have strong analytical skills (Excel and SQL) for modeling, forecasting, insight development
- Great communication and influence skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships cross-functionally
- MA degree in an analytical field
- Experience with Looker, or similar BI tools
- Six Sigma certification
*This role has the option of working in Portland, OR or St. Louis, MO
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.