Software Engineer (Frontend), Appointments Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square Appointments is a completely integrated scheduling and payments platform, helping service professionals manage their Appointment-based business. We are developing mission critical software for our merchants, which includes calendering and online booking, automated reminders, and a full point of sale. Square Appointments is the backbone of their operation, and our merchants spend several hours using our product, almost every day of the month!
We’re seeking a Front-End Engineer who is passionate about building applications to help our merchants simplify their business processes and day to day work. You will build the front-end features to create world-class experiences for our merchants and their customers.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and build world-class product experiences.
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout.
- Have the option to be involved in the product development life cycle right from user interviews, design sprints, & problem alignment in close collaboration with designers.
- Drive the architecture of our frontend systems to enable quick and stable feature development.
- Hold yourself, and your teammates accountable to the standards of engineering and ethics that enables Square to safely move billions of dollars in payments and allow our customers to trust us with their sensitive data.
- Innate curiosity and desire to build products that merchants depend on.
- Desire to solve hard and engaging engineering problems.
- An understanding how the web works with experience developing applications and can make pragmatic engineering decisions from that knowledge.
- 3+ years professional experience.
Languages and technologies we use:
- Testing frameworks like (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.