Senior Software Engineer (Technical Lead), Web Checkout
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
At Square, the work of a Technical Lead goes way beyond making sure transactions are fast and reliable. Youll manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and develop your team. Youll work across the company, with world class product managers and designers, in technical areas such as distributed systems, risk models, machine learning, user interface design, and across the application stack. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a lead, you guide the way.
This is an evergreen opportunity, were trying to build something new, and growing a team to tackle it. Were looking for a Technical Lead who is passionate about extending web applications deep into the payments space, helping our merchants simplify their business processes and day-to-day work. We work at the intersection of payments, hardware and web browsers.
As a Technical Lead on the Virtual Terminal Team, you will be responsible for designing, and building across the stack, from UI through infrastructure, while growing a meaningful business. We are building an intelligent software suite, centered around the needs of the millions of merchants by empowering them to run their entire business on Square. The Terminal Web Checkout team is building the next generation with point-of-sale, and our products and services are built for the web. Engineers on this team also build platform components for internal Square teams to allow them to create a seamless payment experiences with our front-end components.
Why this position is important:
- Square is growing beyond native-only payments. Our team builds products and features to enable those merchants who run their business primarily from their computer.
- Web Checkout is a new product at Square, you can have an outsized impact on the success of Square as a whole.
- Our team has both product and platform responsibilities, by providing front-end component for other teams to super charge their web products with payments.
- Help set broad direction and vision, influence product strategy, and establish practices to efficiently and effectively address customer needs.
- Build a world-class team by coaching and developing your team, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Participate in day-to-day development, including writing code, reviewing pull requests, and debugging issues.
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across our product, operations, and investor teams.
- Own the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results in a timely manner.
- Hold your teammates, and yourself, to a high standard of engineering that moves billions of dollars in payments and manage customers sensitive data.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience (5+ years preferred)
- 2+ year(s) being a technical lead for a larger product team.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale systems
- Strong background in building products that can scale.
Languages and technologies we use:
- Ember.js, React, Typescript and ES6, Sass
- Testing frameworks like (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
- Java8, Guice, Guava, Protocol Buffers, jOOQ
- MySQL, Redis, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.