University Technical Recruiter
- Oakland, CA, USA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a University Technical Recruiter, you will take our talent to the next level. This role is a unique opportunity to impact our early career talent recruitment strategy, understand the current hiring needs of Square, and implement efforts to identify the best candidates to fill these needs. Additionally, you will bring students through the hiring process, helping to create a flawless candidate experience. You have the ability to sell the company, vision, culture, role, and technology to a university audience.
- Source and recruit full-time and intern university candidates for engineering, hardware, design, and business roles
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process, from sourcing through offer extension and onboarding
- Evaluate candidate qualifications and make thoughtful, data-driven hiring decisions; serve as point person for metrics & other reporting measures
- Build strong relationships & maintain constant communication with candidates, hiring managers, Talent team, university partners, and diversity organizations
- Negotiate offers and close candidates in a high-volume, highly competitive environment
- Help design and develop onboarding processes and programs for all early career hires, implementing solutions and promoting ongoing improvements
- 3+ years relevant experience in recruiting, preferably University technical recruiting
- Excellent recruiting skills to source, sell, interview, and close candidates
- Strong project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally, make recommendations, and implement data-driven solutions
- Demonstrated creativity to think out of the box and adapt to changing needs
- Experience working with underrepresented and diverse communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships within and outside of Square
- Effective public speaking and motivational skills to build support and sponsorship of initiatives and collaboration among stakeholders
- Ability to travel if needed
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.