Knowledge Operations Lead, Cash App
- Portland, OR
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Cash App is looking for a Knowledge Operations Lead to join the Cash Customer Operations team. Our Knowledge Ops team exists to provide our Customer Success Advocates with the knowledge and latest product updates required to be successful in their role, as well as providing product and process management support to the entire operational team. Focus areas for the Knowledge Ops team include change management, content operations, and process and project management, with strong partnership ties to our Quality Assurance, Learning and Development, product, and design teams.
Our ideal candidate has deep experience in creating managing and developing a team of Change Management Specialists, Program/Project Managers, Content Developers and Content Ops experts. The ideal person for this role has overseen knowledge programs operating at scale and can think strategically about the mission, development, scaling, execution and refinement of these functions, Initially, theyll also have to be scrappy and willing to roll up their sleeves to solve the day-to-day needs and hire up, as the Cash App Knowledge Ops function is not yet deeply established or staffed. There is a broad range of opportunities to address for the operation: consistency, accuracy, strong internal communications, effective tools and establishing a single source of truth for product and operations process and knowledge.
- Design and execute on a knowledge and content operations strategy that enables the long term success of our customers and Cash App Customer Operations
- Lead a small but growing team of Change Managers, Project/Process Managers and Content Operations specialists
- Identify and build the Knowledge Operations key metrics and then and measures the impact of L&D programs through data analysis.
- Triage all the process improvement opportunities, and build an impactful roadmap of both short- and longer-term projects rooted in materially improving your KPIs.
- Target team and overall operational performance improvement opportunities identified through both data analysis and stakeholder collaboration.
- Optimize the customer experience by developing the process and programs to support consistent accurate knowledge resources for Cash App Success Advocates.
- Develop knowledge solutions that improve the workflow and efficiency of Cash App Success Advocates and enable operational changes that drive organizational effectiveness.
- Partner with other members of the operational leadership team to deliver cross-functional training programs.
- 5+ years of management experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in all aspects of Knowledge Operations in a fast-paced, frequently-changing business setting with lots of ambiguity to manage through
- Deep understanding of, and experience in how scaled customer support organizations operate and communicate effectively, and how to efficiently inform and manage changes at scale
- Strong team-building, empathy, leadership by example and empowerment approach with a desire to see others succeed and a passion for leading teams to success
- An analytical, data-focused mindset with a track record of success in a metrics-driven environment.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty to understand the problems that face our customers and our teams
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.