Operations Vendor Manager, BPO
- St. Louis, MO
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As our team continues to grow, we are looking for an experienced leader who knows what it is like to work with BPOs in a startup environment. We are looking for a vendor manager who is experienced in managing rapid growth and understands what is needed to scale with success. You will be responsible for developing, growing and managing our BPO network. You will collaborate in developing the vendor strategy across multiple contact channels and collaborating to improve the customer experience by leveraging the strengths of multiple BPOs. This individual will proactively identify areas of improvement for our internal processes, workflows, policies and manage expectations with BPO hiring, training, and performance management. Every day you'll strategically brainstorm, collaborate, and implement operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Lead the implementation of BPO initiative, collaborating in all aspects of the success of the program from contract work through training, launching, scaling, and performance management
- Assist and eventually lead negotiations for all future vendor contracts
- Develop and deploy vendor-specific infrastructure, including security and processes
- Own relationship management and service delivery to ensure that BPOs meet and exceed internal expectations through exceeding KPI/metrics.
- Travel both domestically and internationally (10-20% of the year)
- Willingness to lend a hand in all areas of BPO management including building foundational processes and reporting from scratch
- Minimum of 7 years managing global operations including launching and managing partner sites
- Extensive experience in BPO relationship management
- Strong communication skills, and proven ability to influence senior leadership
- In-depth expertise in contact center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning
- Experience managing metrics, KPIs, and OKRs, in addition to analytical deep-dives to understand performance
- Strong reporting background and ability to build reports independently
- An ability to identify upstream blockers and prioritize solutions
- A drive to consistently deliver results and exceed expectations
- A strategic-thinking, solutions-driven mentality
Position can be located in St. Louis, MO or Portland, OR
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.