Software Engineer (Fullstack), Caviar
- San Francisco, CA
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
We are looking for talented a Fullstack Engineer to help make Caviars website (trycaviar.com) the most compelling and intuitive way to order great food. As an engineer on the Caviar Order Experience team, you will be responsible for helping hungry diners find and order delicious food effortlessly. To accomplish that, you will collaborate with people across engineering, product, and design to develop a diner experience that is beautiful and engaging.
- Work on and own large parts of Caviars growing web platform at trycaviar.com
- Build intuitive and engaging web experiences that are clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking
- Develop features across the entire technical stack, from the database to the front-end, with an eye towards maintainability and scalability
- Collaborate closely with product, design, marketing, and other engineers
- Learn from and contribute to our community of world-class engineers in a balanced, supportive, and fun work environment
- Make hungry people happy
- Experience in any server-side technology and/or framework (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Python, Java)
- Experience testing your code (e.g. QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, RSpec)
- 5+ years professional experience.
And even better:
- Experience in or desire to learn Ruby on Rails and React
- Thoughtfulness about what youre building and why, not just how
- Interest in working in a product-focused environment
- A real passion for great food!
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby, Rails
- ES6, Typescript, React, Ember, Sass, and other web app frameworks
- AWS, Docker, Heroku
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.