Machine Learning Engineer, Knowledge Platform
- New York, NY
The knowledge platform team is seeking senior machine learning engineers to join our engineering team. Square is seeking senior machine learning engineers to build a company-wide state-of-the-art knowledge platform. Our goal is to provide tooling, infrastructure, and guidance to unify and level up the 50-100 engineers and data scientists working on ML at Square and work on advanced ML solutions that are applicable across the company. The ideal candidate will have industry experience in solving and optimizing large-scale machine learning problems. We are looking for passionate and self-driven innovators to help us build this V1 platform from the ground up and be part of a fast-paced team. You will be expected to contribute in building ML systems/tooling and building advanced ML models that scale. You will have a wide impact across the company with opportunity to publish papers, contribute to open-source, influence and collaborate with the data science community across Square.
- Experience in many of the following areas is highly desired - AutoML, Knowledge Graphs, recommendation systems, NLP and AI Agents.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Experience in designing and productionizing large-scale distributed systems built around machine learned models and big data.
- Experience or familiarity with interpretable machine learning is a plus.
- Ability to produce scalable and robust production-quality code incorporating testing, evaluation, and monitoring.
- An advanced degree (PhD or MS) in Computer Science
Technologies we use:
- Java, Python, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Snowflake
- Python ML stack (pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)