Bitcoin Operations Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
- Own and optimize strategic Bitcoin partnerships for the Cash App through detailed and proactive partner-management, working with partners to define, iterate, stabilize and enable new initiatives and features.
- Identify and deliver on operational improvements to existing processes and design new processes to sub-linearly scale the operations of an exponentially scaling product
- Collaborate with the Bitcoin Product Manager who leads the product roadmap and establish yourself as the key operations resource within the Cash App
- Build, develop and scale the Bitcoin trading operation and deepen our liquidity sources & partnerships
- Develop and execute on a cold and hot storage custody strategy while mitigating security and financial risks.
- Troubleshoot operational problems, drive partner escalations / follow up and handle internal escalations from numerous cross functional partners to ensure operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with partners both internal and external to improve points of failures, resolve partner incidents, document processes and drive accountability and performance in line with contracts
- Manage partners through recurring reviews to ensure continuous improvement
- Collaborate across multiple internal partners including the Cash App engineering, design, finance, legal, compliance, risk and payments
- Analyze multiple sources of data to inform business decision making and optimize Bitcoin operations
- 10-15+ years of payments, operations and/or partner management experience, preferably in a fast moving technology or financial services company
- Solid understanding of the payment industry and its current evolution
- Experience with developing and evolving processes to ensure scalability with a high volume product
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders and technical teams & the ability to develop consensus and drive stakeholders to a decision
- 3-5+ years of Bitcoin / Blockchain knowledge or experience is a strong plus
- Experience with trading operations & digital asset custody
- Prior people management experience in a distributed workforce
- Deep analytical skills that can drive the development of reporting, tools and other business processes to smooth operations and enable analysis of nascent industry movements
- Utilizing influence to drive outcomes with internal & external stakeholders.
- Experience with commercial contracts and negotiations
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.