- New York, NY
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy, so we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We began with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there.
Learn more about our mission at https://squareup.com/us/en/about.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.***
We’re looking for a mid- to senior-level copywriter to join our team in our New York office. The ideal candidate for this position will have written at an agency or in house for five plus years.
It’s our job to make people excited about Square as well as help them understand how our products work—so you will work on brand, data-driven performance marketing, and growth retention projects alike. You will concept and write everything from product launch campaigns and videos to email campaigns and enterprise marketing collateral.
You will constantly elevate the creative work to meet the ambition of the brand while delivering outstanding business results. Everything you work on will be designed to build the Square brand, drive growth of Square products, and advance the overall Square business.
You will work on an experienced, award-winning, full-service creative team. We cover a range of disciplines including copy, design, web, video, photography, production, and operations. You will partner closely with our insights, brand, product, and channel teams to create work. Finally, you will have successfully worked in cross-functional organizations and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Write email campaigns, web pages, guides, presentations, sales and events materials, search ads, overview videos, tutorial videos, fully integrated launch campaigns and whatever else gets thrown your way
- Create concepts that have the legs for larger marketing campaigns
- Help set creative strategy for campaigns when appropriate
- Leverage customer and data insights to inspire creative concepts
- Collaborate with a talented group of designers, editors, producers, product managers, and marketers
- Collaborate across the Square organization to ensure a consistent, integrated customer experience
- B.S. or B.A. degree
- 5+ years experience in a creative role
- A portfolio to include with your resume and cover letter
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editorial skills—you take your English very seriously and sweat the small stuff
- The ability to explain complicated products and processes in simple, human ways to both businesses and consumers
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle several projects at once
- A positive attitude and a manageable ego with the ability to present and defend your work when you really believe in it
- An interest in working with data to make smart, hardworking creative deliverables
- Creative flexibility—you can flex your writing and adjust your language and tone based on your audience
- A demonstrated ability to define, build, and differentiate brands
- Ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies and tactics
- Interest in technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.