Senior AWS Security Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square’s Information Security culture is focused on enabling our engineering teams to build and ship secure products. We achieve this by designing, building, and deploying state of the art security alongside our product and infrastructure teams.
As a Senior AWS Security Engineer, you will be responsible for hardening of Square’s cloud computing and cloud network environments. Square is in the early days of migrating existing on-prem services to the cloud. Your work will shape the way we use AWS for years to come.
- Plan and execute security hardening efforts across all of Square’s cloud environments.
- Work in the San Francisco or New York City office. Occasional travel may be required.
- Experience implementing AWS security and hardening, especially in a large or complex environment.
- Deep knowledge of AWS IAM and how to configure least-privilege.
- Knowledge of AWS networking and how to securely interconnect multiple AWS accounts, on-prem servers, etc.
- Ability to work with automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.
- Programming in Python and/or Ruby.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Google Cloud experience. While most of our cloud infra is AWS, we have a limited GCP footprint.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.