Android Engineer, Retail
- New York, NY
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Retailers have struggled too long with clunky, outdated and disconnected tools. Even as mammoth Retail and e-commerce forces threaten to disrupt smaller merchants, we are empowering those merchants with simple and elegant solutions to complex problems - like predictive analytics and fluid, omni-channel capabilities to meet customers wherever they are - to always make the sale. Based in New York City, we are one of the newest products at Square - and with iOS launched we’re working towards launching on Android. We are a lean team, benefitting from (and contributing to) the resources of the larger organization while staying focused on solving Retail-specific challenges. We are relentlessly customer focused, and iterate quickly using a build-measure-learn approach.
- Build and test client software with complex server, network and hardware interactions;
- Craft pixel-perfect, intuitive UI that delights our sellers with its ease of use;
- Work with a world-class team of experienced and dedicated engineers and designers;
- Deliver features to our growing base of subscribers, shipped at a rapid cadence;
- Develop for our custom, purpose-built hardware - Square Register - with dual displays;
- Be a part of creating an innovative product that brings superpowers to sellers.
- 2+ years of Android development experience, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Interest in learning (and helping us evolve) client engineering practices at scale
- Unwavering commitment to customer experience and the quality of your work
- An eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java and Kotlin for development.
- Espresso for UI testing.
- Protocol buffers for network transport.
- Gradle + OkBuck for our build environment.
- Also leverage Dagger, RxJava, Mortar, Flow, and OkHttp for day to day development.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.