Global Strategic Sourcing Manager
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square has an exciting career opportunity for a Global Strategic Sourcing Manager based in San Francisco to oversee the supply of products and services essential to Square’s global operations. This is a chance for a highly motivated person with professional experience in procurement/strategic sourcing and capable of both hands-on individual contribution and thought leadership. The role will focus on driving adoption and efficiency through system optimization and proactive partner outreach.
The role will use your category experience, technical aptitude, and data analysis skills to help determine new methods and implement tools to bring efficiencies, and meet regulatory and audit requirements, and create insightful reporting. The position will report to the Global Procurement Lead. We ask that you have a continuous improvement philosophy, through ongoing refinement of procurement policies/procedures, the development of strategic evaluation frameworks and education of key collaborators on best practices and market trends.
- Establish partnerships with key stakeholders aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their requirements
- Collaborate to conduct RFx, lead contract negotiation with suppliers; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify important benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements
- Develop indirect category strategies to meet our goals (e.g. best cost, quality, service, resilience.)
- Ensure category strategy aligns with needs
- Initiate and perform vendor rationalization plan(s) to improve existing vendors to achieve cost reduction, supply assurance, quality improvement, innovation and increased vendor utility
- Review existing contracts and understand requirements; form guidelines and design standard vendor contract protocols
- Assist to establish vendor life-cycle strategy to oversee planning, sourcing and selection of new vendors, manage data for vendor performance and manage vendor off-boarding and transition
- Support development financial analytics to support commercial term negotiations with performance dashboards and ROI-based evaluation tools
- Identify and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or quality
- Explore new technologies to optimize performance and transparency
- Resolve performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure effective resolution
- Support internal and external audit, SOX compliance and due diligence requests
- Support other ad hoc projects as needed
- Minimum 5 years of procurement/strategic sourcing experience, preferably in a high-growth technology environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited top tier university; Masters degree preferred
- An ability to influence others, including senior leadership
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills
- An ability to use technology to extract and analyze data
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources