Bitcoin Operations Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users. Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year. With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
- Own and optimize strategic Bitcoin partnerships for the Cash App through detailed and proactive partner-management, working with partners to define, iterate, stabilize and enable new initiatives and features.
- Identify and deliver on operational improvements to existing processes and design new processes to sub-linearly scale the operations of an exponentially scaling product
- Collaborate with the Bitcoin Product Manager who leads the product roadmap and establish yourself as the key operations resource within the Cash App
- Build, develop and scale the Bitcoin trading operation and deepen our liquidity sources & partnerships
- Develop and execute on a cold and hot storage custody strategy while mitigating security and financial risks.
- Troubleshoot operational problems, drive partner escalations / follow up and handle internal escalations from numerous cross functional partners to ensure operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with partners both internal and external to improve points of failures, resolve partner incidents, document processes and drive accountability and performance in line with contracts
- Manage partners through recurring reviews to ensure continuous improvement
- Collaborate across multiple internal partners including the Cash App engineering, design, finance, legal, compliance, risk and payments
- Analyze multiple sources of data to inform business decision making and optimize Bitcoin operations
- 10-15+ years of payments, operations and/or partner management experience, preferably in a fast moving technology or financial services company
- Solid understanding of the payment industry and its current evolution
- Experience with developing and evolving processes to ensure scalability with a high volume product
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders and technical teams & the ability to develop consensus and drive stakeholders to a decision
- 3-5+ years of Bitcoin / Blockchain knowledge or experience is a strong plus
- Experience with trading operations & digital asset custody
- Prior people management experience in a distributed workforce
- Deep analytical skills that can drive the development of reporting, tools and other business processes to smooth operations and enable analysis of nascent industry movements
- Utilizing influence to drive outcomes with internal & external stakeholders.
- Experience with commercial contracts and negotiations
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.