- San Francisco, CA
Our mobile security team works to prevent security and fraud incidents from occurring on Square's mobile applications, and to enable new payments products with both security- and compliance-driven functionality. We build mobile and backend systems that detect and respond to attempted theft of sensitive data, and we surface the technical indicators we collect to internal systems that protect the Square ecosystem from fraudsters. We're part software developer, part security researcher, and part data scientist, and we take pride in working in multiple technical domains to ship secure products.
We're looking for an engineering manager to lead a team of exceptional engineers that are enabling Square to build products that no one else has built.
- Own the delivery and success of critical security functionality in our mobile applications
- Collaborate with many teams and functions across Square to make technical, design, strategy and product decisions
- Grow the team by hiring exceptional talent, and providing high quality feedback and coaching
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatic decision-making, and urgency in the team
- Help set strategic direction for the security engineering team and broader information security organization at Square
- Grow your career in an engaged and innovative engineering community that ships amazing products
- Experience as a people lead, with demonstrated ability to ensure the success and growth of your team members
- A history of healthy collaboration with product managers, engineers, and engineering managers on developing roadmaps and executing against them
- Experience with either development of mobile/embedded security functionality, or with security detection and response
- Interest in working across multiple technical domains, including backend microservices and iOS/Android clients
- A passion for using security engineering as an enabler for product teams