Product Designer, Risk
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
One of Squares strongest assets is its Risk foundation. This team works diligently to protect merchants and develop best-in-class risk management products -- a key reason our merchants join, and stick with, Square. As we learn more about the Square customer base, were using the insights to build tools that make risk management (think: fraud prevention and disputes management) simple, accessible, and actionable for Squares merchants. In this pursuit, the Risk organization seeks a Designer whos excited to build brand new customer experiences and make existing ones more delightful.
In this role, youll own design for customer-facing risk products. On a day-to-day basis, youll collaborate with Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, Marketers, and other teams across the company. Youll actively contribute to product strategy and work across myriad teams to create the best experiences for our customers. We believe in generalists who have a hand in each stage of the product development process, so Product Designers at Square take projects from whiteboard sketches to final visual specifications, regularly presenting work and progress to business and technical leaders.
- 6+ years designing digital products and scalable systems
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences
- Experience developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- Experience designing for the entire product process from high level flows to interactions at a granular level
- Experience creating new visual directions, including color theory and typography, and ensuring theyre implemented to spec.
- Experience designing for web and mobile (iOS and Android)
- Comfort iterating quickly and communicating ideas across various levels of fidelity
- Impeccable communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams, including collaboration with technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- An appreciation for process and a desire to improve it when needed
- Strong project management, organization and time management skills
- Experience using infographics and other visual aids to complement and explain complex processes
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Demonstrated understanding of digital payments, risk management, and/or information security
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio. **
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.