Senior Product Designer, Risk
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
One of Squares strongest assets is its Risk foundation. This team works diligently to protect merchants and develop best-in-class risk management products -- an essential reason our merchants join, and stick with, Square. As we learn more about the Square customer base, we're using the insights to build tools that make risk management (think: fraud prevention and disputes management) simple, accessible, and actionable for Squares merchants. In this pursuit, the Risk organization is looking for a Designer who's excited to build brand new customer experiences and make existing ones more delightful.
You'll own design for customer-facing risk products. On the daily, you'll collaborate with Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, Marketers, and other teams across the company. You will report to a Product Risk Lead and contribute to product strategy and work with myriad teams to create the best experiences for our customers. We believe in generalists who have a hand in each stage of product development, so Product Designers at Square take projects from whiteboard sketches to final visual specifications, presenting work and progress to business and technical leaders.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio. **
- 6+ years designing digital products and scalable systems
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences
- Experience developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- Experience designing for the entire product process from high-level flows to interactions at a granular level
- Experience creating new visual directions, including color theory and typography, and ensuring they are implemented to spec.
- Experience designing for web and mobile (iOS and Android)
- Comfort iterating quickly and communicating ideas across levels of fidelity
- An ability to work with cross-functional teams, including collaboration with technical and non-technical teams
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- An appreciation for process and a desire to improve it when needed
- Project management, organization, and time management skills
- Experience using infographics and other visual aids to complement and explain complex processes
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Understand digital payments, risk management, or information security
- Additional Information