Visual Designer, Capital - Consumer Financing
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We are looking for a Visual Designer for the team that builds and operates our consumer financing products including Square Installments. You’ll help establish the visual language of this new consumer brand across all marketing touch points and influence the product experience. You'll work with the support of Square’s established and iconic brand while re-evaluating and rethinking the patterns which brought us to today.
This is an influential role, reporting to the Head of Design, and we’re looking for someone motivated by complex problems. The Capital Design Team values collaboration and you will work with a small team of marketers, engineers, and product managers to create world-class experiences for our customers. As a member of our team, you will manage the development of experiences for the Square Installments brand and marketing materials across a variety of channels. This includes the core Square Installments web pages in addition to illustrations, emails, advertisements, landing pages, print collateral, and direct mail.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
- Contribute as a top-notch visual designer and illustrator to create digital marketing content for our website, emails, banner ads, microsites, landing pages, and white papers.
- Provide design assets for print production and work with vendors to produce direct mail, print brochures, and trade show collateral.
- Develop and extend the Square Installments style and brand guidelines.
- Collaborate closely with front-end engineers to ensure your designs are implemented precisely
- Provide creative concepts for marketing programs to meet our goals and further the brand.
- Explain your design decisions and embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process.
- Partner with all parts of the Capital organization including marketing, product, engineering, and support to maintain a consistent brand experience and create beautiful designs in an agile environment.
- 5+ years of professional visual design and web design experience
- Exceptional portfolio featuring detailed design work, including examples of illustration and iconography
- Fundamental understanding of the formal elements of graphic design including color, typography, and layout
- Be detail-oriented, pixel-perfection obsessed, and blessed with good taste
- You have a low ego but a high standard of excellence in your work
- An absolute pro with the Adobe Creative Suite and familiar with Figma
- Familiarity with web technologies and how to design for them.
- Thinking in scalable systems, not one-off solutions.
- Thorough design process for discovering edge cases and removing assumptions
- Experience with designing for a content management or marketing automation system (Contentful, Marketo, etc.)
- Experience designing for a variety of platforms (web, mobile, print, email, video) and a familiarity with product design
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources