Customer Success Associate
- Tokyo, Japan
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are looking for a highly motivated and resourceful individual to strengthen Squares Customer Success (Support) team. You will help build world class operations at Square - optimizing all support channels including email, chat, social media, and phone - all while strengthening team culture and promoting employee happiness.
You will serve as a cross functional liaison working with product, engineering, business development, marketing and finance to drive Squares most important strategic priorities. You will report directly to the Lead of Customer Success and track Key Performance Indicators weekly. You will work in our Tokyo office.
- Solve customer inquiries by email, phone, and Twitter using a CRM tool, and internal tools
- Handle inquiries and escalations from Support Representatives
- Be a role model / mentor / coach for other Support Representatives and help them grow their skills
- Analyze trends in customer issues and suggest improvement plans to establish engagement
- Improve customer satisfaction across channels to create promoters.
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team, and provide reports as needed
- Use your deep knowledge of the product and industry to serve our customers
- Treat Support as a product at Square, building and iterating on the customer experience
- Develop end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of important Support initiatives
- Gather and summarize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Always iterate improvement PDCA cycle to enhance our service
- Japanese citizenship
- Business level English. Written and verbal communication skills (equivalent to TOEIC score 850 and above)
- A passion for Square and strong desire to help make it successful in Japan
- 3+ years of work experience in Customer Support for Japanese customers
- 1+ years of work experience as a mentor/coach for other support representatives in customer support
- 1+ years of work experience as customer support supervisor (8 12 members) is preferable
- A BA/BS degree from a leading academic institution
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, while possessing the ability to inspire passion in others
- The ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Creative problem-solving abilities, superb attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience
- Experience building and scaling customer support operations
- A level-headed leadership style and perform well under pressure
- The ability to work weekends as part of a rotating schedule, and work holidays as necessary
Cover letter required. Please indicate your career goals and how Support fits into your career road map.**
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources