Software Engineering Manager, Payroll
- San Francisco, CA
Square revolutionized what it means to start a business. Now, we serve merchants once theyre up and running by radically altering the way employees get paid and how businesses manage their finances. Our mission is to think beyond a traditional payroll product to transform the lives of the people that make their living through our platform. We are an essential and growing part of the Square ecosystem, and were using our position to build products and features that serve our merchants and the people who work for them.
Were looking for a product-minded and experienced Engineering Manager that can help us set and accomplish our goals while working with teammates across the company. Sound like you? Read on.
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to establish your teams vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers needs
- Build products, systems, and services that have immediate impact on our customers
- Build a world-class team by hiring remarkable talent, coaching and developing engineers, fostering engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to maintain a high bar
- Foster ownership, inclusiveness, and urgency in the team
- Report directly to the Head of Engineering for Payroll and participate in essential technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the company
- Relevant BA/BS degree or equivalent industry experience (5+ years preferred).
- 2+ years experience directly managing engineers (including feedback, performance, hiring, career guidance)
- Experience collaborating with other engineering leaders and your fellow team members in Product, Design, and Growth roles.
- A background in software engineering and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance to your team.
Technologies we use and teach (but still get in touch if you haven't used these):
- Ruby on Rails, Java
- RPC, REST APIs, Protobuf